Have you considered becoming a truck driver, but you’re not sure if you are ready to change jobs? Shifting careers is a big decision for anyone. That is why we developed the fully-paid Classic Carriers Truck Driver Training Program to support new drivers and help them seamlessly transition into a career on the road.
What is the Truck Driver Training Program at Classic Carriers?
Our truck driver training program is a 12-week paid program that helps interested candidates obtain their CDL and then become a company driver for Classic Carriers.
How to Join
- Let us know you are interested by contacting one of our recruiters via the form, emailing or calling.
- The recruiter will answer your questions and provide an application.
- We will review your application to determine if you are a good-fit candidate for our program.
- If you are selected for the program, you must obtain a Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) from the BMV (if you do not yet have one).
- You then will be enrolled in the four-week truck driver program at the Apollo Career Center, with all tuition paid along with getting paid an additional $250 a week to help cover travel expenses, meals, etc. Note: We do not require you to sign a contract of completion like some other companies may require.
- The Apollo Career Center program includes both classroom time and hands-on training behind the wheel of a truck.
- You must pass the final exam in order to graduate and obtain your CDL.
- After graduation, you move into our eight-week driver training orientation program. This involves riding along with one of our experienced trainers while you get paid.
- Pay rate: $700 per week through the entire training.
- You will receive a bonus of $300 after completing the eight-week training program.
- In addition, you will receive a $1,500 sign-on bonus!
- You are then hired as a Classic Carriers company driver, where you are paid by the mile. Solo drivers start at 45 cents a mile with an additional penny each month until 50 cents a mile. Several opportunities for incentives and bonuses also exist!
What to Expect During Your 8 Weeks With Our Trainer
We will match you with an experienced driver trainer that you will ride along with during the eight weeks. Meet one of our driver trainers here.
This is a valuable opportunity to gain hours on the road (both nights and days); to learn about routes, company policies, and how to log; to see a successful driver in action; and to be able to ask your trainer questions. The entire eight weeks is paid.
At Classic Carriers, we always try to match compatible personalities to help ensure a successful eight weeks. We want our new drivers to feel 100% confident when it’s their turn to get behind the wheel solo.
Qualifications to Join Our Driver Training Program
- Must be at least 23 years old
- Good Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- No DUIs in the last seven years
- No failed drug tests
- No felonies
- Must have work references
- Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP)
Skill Sets We Look For
- Good multitasker
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Good customer service
- Mechanically savvy
- Knowledge of geographic areas
- Good planner
Pros of the Job
- Great pay with lots of opportunities for incentives and bonuses
- Every day is different
- A good way to see the country
- Exciting daily life, as you get to experience new things and see new places
- A great alternative to working the same job every day, such as on a factory line
- Have your own workspace; be your ‘own boss’ in many ways as you have no supervisor monitoring you on a daily basis
- Self-confidence builder and lots of pride in the job, as you are in control of many aspects of the job
- Not working outside in harsh weather conditions
- Job security as truck drivers are essential, and there is a shortage of drivers now and into the foreseeable future
Driven by the Best
At Classic Carriers, we have a driver turnover rate of less than 30%. Riders and pets allowed in trucks! We are proud to be a family-owned and operated company that treats our team of dedicated drivers like family.
Join the Classic Carriers training program. Contact a recruiter today!