Time to hit the road for the long haul! Along with your favorite music playlists and the radio, podcasts are the latest trend taking over the cab.
Listening to podcasts can provide hours of entertainment and help fill your days even when truckin’ across I-90. Since there are numerous podcasts, you may be wondering which ones to listen to first.
Get started by checking out these top podcasts chosen by fellow truck drivers and the trucking industry:
Top Truck Driver Podcasts
- Trucker Dump - A podcast for truckers, hosted by a trucker. Todd McCann is brutally honest with the good, the bad and the ugly. You’ll get his driver insights and humorous views on truck driving.
- Trucking for Millennials - This trucking podcast, geared toward millennial drivers, talks about what’s going on in the trucking industry today and how the next generation of trucking and logistics professionals are impacting the supply chain. Real stories are shared through discussions and expert interviews in this weekly podcast.
- TalkCDL - TalkCDL is a popular podcast among truckers. It covers everything in the trucking industry from current trucking laws, trucker surveys and any other trucking news the hosts dig up or a trucker throws their way.
Related: Fitness Apps Perfect for Truckers >>
Drama & Crime Podcasts
- Welcome to Night Vale - This long-running podcast is like listening to a public radio station — in a small desert town where just about every conspiracy theory is true. It’s a great companion for late-night driving.
- Criminal - Described by the San Francisco Chronicle as “the NPR of crime podcasts,” Criminal is an award-winning podcast about true crime. New episodes come out twice a month and tell stories of people who’ve done wrong, been wronged or gotten caught somewhere in the middle.
- Crime Junkie - Crime Junkie, produced in Indianapolis, Indiana, is a weekly true crime podcast that tells listeners about their favorite cases. Their straightforward approach is easy to follow and often includes interviews with the victims’ surviving families and friends.
- How Did This Get Made? - Hosts of this long-running podcast include Paul Scheer, June Diane Raphael and Jason Mantzoukas. The trio talks about bad movies in each weekly episode, making jokes and trying to make sense of the plot along the way.
- WTF with Marc Maron - This show features side-splitting interviews conducted in Marc Maron’s trademark dark humor. Expect to see some big names appear for his interviews.
Related: 6 Ways Truckers Can Stay Connected with Family for the Long Haul >>
- The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz - The show features commentary on the day's sports news, perspective on other news stories, interviews with sports analysts and sports figures, as well as a blend of pop culture and listener interaction.
- First Take - Stephen A. Smith, a boisterous, contentious and well-known sports commentator, takes on Max Kellerman to debate the top stories in the world of sports.
Need More Entertainment While On the Road?
Do you need ideas for other things to do while driving? Find audiobook recommendations and the best truck stops for truck drivers in our Life on the Road blog.