With over three decades of experience in logistics management, Classic Logistics offers a complete suite of services as a third-party logistics provider (3PL). We maintain a strong focus on providing excellent customer service and strive to adapt our resources to meet our customers’ needs.
What Role Does Classic Logistics Play as a 3PL?
Classic Logistics serves as a 3PL provider for numerous industries, including food shippers, medical equipment manufacturers, plastic producers and more across all 48 contiguous states and Canada.
We provide the following services:
- Warehouse and inventory management
- Supply chain management
- TL & LTL transportation for dry van, refrigerated and flatbed shipments
- Load management and dispatch
- Freight brokerage
- Delivery using Classic Carrier trucks or a trusted partner carrier
- Technology integration using tools like EDI and API
Related: What is a Logistics Trucking Company? >>
How Has the Demand for 3PLs Changed Recently?
Jeff Barga, Director of Logistics at Classic Carriers, has noticed an increase in demand for 3PL in recent years.
“With the state of the economy and the marketplace over the last two years — any transportation and trucking have really been tough to find,” he says.
Often companies have a limited number of trucks and drivers, making on-time deliveries difficult.
“As a 3PL, we have thousands and thousands of carriers under contract and the potential to add new carriers under contract — which does open up additional capacity options for us,” Barga says.
“In this particular market, having an unlimited capacity is really where a 3PL can show a big advantage to a customer.”
What Sets Classic Apart From Other 3PL Providers?
Classic Logistics believes in strong communication, personalized customer service, efficient management and reliable deliveries. In addition, we value our customers and promote a culture of teamwork among our staff and partners.
Barga stresses the importance of customer service and how his team works on developing relationships with each customer.
“We feel like we’ve been able to continue to provide the highest level of service to our customers,” he says. “We want to focus on our ability to build relationships and provide that service.”
Classic Logistics can also vary the transport based on specific needs, such as shipments requiring refrigeration or a flatbed truck.
“We can handle multiple modes of transportation,” Barga says. “In that regard, we can be a one-stop-shop.”
Here are additional considerations that set Classic Logistics apart:
- Strict vetting process of carrier partners to ensure safe and on-time deliveries
- Family-owned and operated for over three decades
- 24-hour customer service phone access
- Personalized, caring attention to customers and carriers
- Complete and current backup documentation requirements for carrier insurance coverage, safety ratings and any shipment-specific criteria
- Flexibility to pick up shipments of any size as a single or continuous service
Ready to Learn How Classic Logistics Can Help You?
If you’re looking for worry-free logistics management and freight brokerage services, contact Classic Logistics to meet your needs.